Is Breast Reduction Right For Me?
Breast reduction is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image. Breast reduction is a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin
What Are the Benefits of Breast Reduction?
- Reduce size & weight of breasts
- Improve self-esteem
- Eliminate back, shoulder, and neck pain
- Improved posture
- Enhance position & contour of breasts
The First Step: Choose a Surgeon You Can Trust
Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a surgeon you can trust. A doctor’s board certification is one of the best indicators of his or her training.
Lawrence C. Lin, MD and K. Jacob Cohen-Kashi, MD are certified by the The American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) and are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
The Results Will Be Long-Lasting
The results of breast reduction surgery will be long lasting. Your new breast size should help relieve from the pain and limitations experienced prior to breast reduction. Your better proportioned figure will likely enhance your self image and boost your self confidence.